home contact us faq
About Us
Judgment Calculator

         Frequent Asked Questions

Contact Us

Is there a statute of limitations on executing my judgment?
Yes. Your state law sets a limit on how long a judgment is enforceable, called a Statute of Limitations. This period is usually from 5 to 20 years
(South Carolina is 10 years from date judgment granted)  starting on the date your judgment was awarded. Some states provide a way of renewing your judgment for an additional period of time.

Is there interest on the unpaid judgment?
Usually, yes. Most judgments include a provision for the payment of interest from the day it was awarded. The actual interest rate and calculation process varies from state to state. With interest, your judgment could be worth significantly more than the day it was awarded.

Why shouldn't I use an attorney to enforce my judgment?
You can, if you are willing to put down a retainer and pay a fee of between $125 and $175 per hour, whether they ever recover anything or not. When we enforce the judgment you have your money upfront and will not need an attorney,

How about using a collection service?
A collection service may contact the debtor and irritate him to death! They may even place a black mark on his credit report. But, they rarely collect! And with the passage of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), the debtor has the right to just tell a third-party debt collector to cease all communications. We, as the legal assignee of record, are not affected by many provisions of the FDCPA. We can investigate the debtor, locate his assets and seize them to enforce the judgment.

Is there any guarantee that you will be successful?
No. Sometimes there are simply no assets to seize. But you can be sure that we will do our best, because if we are unable to enforce your judgment - we don't get paid.  This gives us a serious incentive to succeed!!

Must I pay any of the expenses incurred in enforcing my judgment?
No. In fact, we purchase the judgment from you, . At the time that we purchase your judgment,    When an attorney is needed, those expenses are on us

How long before I will actually see results?
When we purchase the judgment you receive your money up front.  We review each judgment and determine the price to be paid for the judgment based on several factors.   How much is your judgment worth? 
   Contact Us

I have a judgment awarded in one state against a debtor who resides in another state. Can you help?
In most cases, yes. Especially if the judgment debtor answered your complaint or made an appearance at your hearing. If the judgment debtor didn't appear, the judgment is called a default judgment which is considered a weaker judgment. Each of us has the right to confront our accusers and to defend against any legal claims. So, if the debtor is able to show the court that he was not properly served, or served in the wrong capacity, he can file a motion asking the court to set aside the judgment. Overcoming this hurdle can be one of the most difficult in any enforcement effort. Especially when done across state lines.

How does all this work?
First, we complete an agreement detailing the specifics of the purchase of your judgment. If acceptable, you will then assign the judgment to us by purchase making us the complete owner. 

I'm sold! What is my next step?
Just complete the short online application - click here
 We will contact you by telephone and send the necessary documents for your signature. On return of the signed documents, we will immediately initiate enforcement of the judgment.


© copyright 2006  m